Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day Two

Menu
(all recipes from The Juice Fasting Bible)

Breakfast:
1 orange, with peel
1 lemon, peeled
1 pomegranate, seeds and flesh
2 inch slice of fresh pine apple 
2 peaches, pitted
1 C pureed blueberries

I got about 3 cups out of this recipe after I added in the pureed blueberries. 

Lunch:
 1 grapefruit, peeled but with pith
4 oz of wheat grass
3 broccoli florets
2 brussels sprouts
2 carrots
1/8th cup of aloe vera juice (Lily of the dessert brand)

This yielded 2 cups.

Dinner:
1 grapefruit, peeled
1 lemon, peeled
2 stalks of celery
1 cucumber
1 red radish
2 inch slice of fresh pineapple
1/2 inch slice ginger root

(not sure the yield on this, since it's not quite dinner time)

So far, I'm not feeling too bad. I accidentally took a four hour nap today, and my head aches a little. But, since I knew this was part of the deal, I'm not really angry at the juice feasting gods. However, a couple of the juices I've had with celery in them seriously make me gag.

No comments:

Post a Comment